Are you confused to choose the best school for your child?
Here are a few tips to assist you to consider the best school for your child.
Classroom learning, examinations and moving to next grade seem a regular pattern for schooling, but there is much more to education. The meaning of education has changed a lot in these modern times. For today’s children mere classroom learning is not an ultimate goal. They need an education that encourages curiosity, explores creativity and develops independent thinking.
Therefore, if you want all-round development of your child, it is important to choose a school which not only provides quality academics teaching but also focuses on extra-curricular activities as well as on personality development.
Before choosing a school, find out what does the school offer for the kids in terms of personality development, academics and learning other skills. In order to emerge as a successful individual in these challenging times, the kids need much more than just academic excellence. You may also need to ensure the school is well equipped with the latest technologies and tools.
FIND OUT WHO IS RUNNING THE SCHOOL
Try to find out about the person or group of people who are running the school. Many times a school makes big claims and has lofty goals, but the people running the school usually don’t have the knowledge or experience to convert that vision into reality. So you need to find out if the people who are running the school really have the capabilities, resources and experience to really implement their ideas and concepts or not.
DO THE RESEARCH ABOUT THE ACADEMICS OF SCHOOL BEFORE ENROLLMENT:
- You need to investigate the academic results of the school over the past few years. You can usually find reliable information about different schools and their performances through online sites like www.schoolresults.org. You can also speak to parents of the children who are already studying in the school to know their experience and feedback about the school. Go through the website of the school, you will find a lot of information about the school, if there are any awards of excellence won by the school.
- You need to check whether the school offer redressal classes for the students weak in studies after school hours.
- Have a complete tour of the school to know the environment, to confirm that the child is safe and visit the classes to know how far the school is equipped with the latest technologies.
- Speak with the faculty members and the management to know how committed they are towards the development of their students and how far are they willing to co-ordinate with the parents to bring out the best in the child.
- See if the school campus is clean and well-maintained or not.
- Also check out the transport options that the school offers and find out if the transport facility is convenient and safe.
Conclusion: It is very important to choose the right school for your child as it is a question of their future. Most habits – good or bad, develop within children during the early and teenage period of their lives. Since children go to school and spend many hours there every day, it can have a huge impact on their personality, thoughts and habits. For this reason it is your responsibility as a parent to make sure that you are completely satisfied with different aspects of the school before you enroll your child.